Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Wrightson Completionist: Part 10

The tenth in a series of posts highlighting oddball Bernie Wrightson items in my collection.


As part of my public service, I like to highlight weird items I've had trouble finding in my 25 years of collecting Bernie Wrightson's artwork. This installment features an item listed on Wrightson checklists as "DTFF Progress Report, 1972." I've never seen one of these for sale and I was lucky to pick this up last week from a good friend of mine. It probably belonged to his older brother who would have gone to this convention. It is an eight page (two sheets, folded over) flyer on the progress of the 1973 Detroit Trip Fan Fair Comic Convention. You can see Bernie's contribution to the flyer below.




This drawing was also used as bookplate in the limited hardcover edition of The Reaper of Love.

No comments: